"We are Indian Women of the Pocahontas Club. We love our Nation's stories and the histories of our clans. Whether they be sung or spoken, we treasure our tribal legends, the meeting of our group and all our Indian tokens. The pride of our race we will forever cherish, that it's history and legends will not perish. For ancient pride of race, this torch we pass to those who come our place to take."
The object of this club shall be educational pursuits. Said organization is organized exclusively for charitable, religious, educational, and scientific purposes, including, for such purposes, the making of distributions to organizations that qualify as exempt organizations under section 501(c) (3) of the Internal Revenue Code, or corresponding section of any future federal tax code.
The object of this club shall be to preserve the incidents of our associations’ history, customs and traditions of our forefathers and to gather more closely together the scattered and diminishing descendents of those proud families whose names are indelibly inscribed in the history of our nation, state and particularly the Cooweescoowee District.
Welcome to our website, we hope that you find the information that you are seeking to make a donation or for our Scholarship information please see our donate page. If you are interested in joining our club, please see the calendar below for our next event or meeting. To join the Indian Women's Pocahontas Club, you must qualify per our constitution and bylaws and you must fill out our application to apply for membership. We look forward to seeing you soon.
- June 2014 Founder’s Day Trip
- History Tour of Mayes County
- and Saline Courthouse
- September 27, 2014 Episcopal Church
- October 25, 2014 Hammett House
- Nominating Committee presents
- November 1, 2014 Tribute to Will Rogers
- 1:00 pm Celebrating Will’s Birthday
- Will Rogers Memorial Museum, Claremore, OK
- November 1, 2014 Will Rogers Days Parade
- November 22, 2014 Episcopal Church
- December 13, 2014 Special Christmas Party
- Time 1:00 p.m. for Pocahontas Members
Please join us at: St. Paul’s Episcopal Church, 1310 N. Sioux, Claremore, Oklahoma